Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chain Gang boy and Marissa Cooper

Posted Date: : May 29, 2006 7:53 PM

Tuesday: I couldn't sleep and I was upset I had to wake up early just to pick up my writing project. I mean I had to get up at 5 AM. I was trying really hard to save time. I ate a leftover pastrami sandwich. My dad got mad because I did. I didnt really care. When I get on the bus I see a lot of people are asleep on it. So when I get to the room where the class usually meets at the room is dark and nobody is there. So then I have to really think about where the teacher would be. So I decide to go to her office. But the problem is that I cant find it. I remembered that she said she had changed her office, but I didn't have the paper I wrote the new office location on. So I go looking around for her mailbox, maybe she left the work in there, but when I get there I see there is nothing in the box. So I get the idea to go ask around. Some people didn't even know who the teacher was. And I even got shooed out of an office for just asking a question. I had one last idea and I decided to go and email her. But before I did that I thought I'd go and sell back my books. When I get to the buyback area it's closed. So I went to the lab and wrote her an email. I wasn't mean or anything. Since I had time to spare before I could catch the next bus I watched 5 Questions. After I was done watching that I figured it wouldn't hurt to check and see if the buyback was open. It opens so late it opens at 9AM. I figured since you never get any money back I figured I'd get $3 back for the 2 books I sold back which cost like $39 when you buy them new for the semester. I wasn't going to tell my dad because I knew he would be mad because I didn't even get like half the value of the books. Later that night when I check my emails the teacher writes back that she was there until 10:30, I don't know exactly where there is, but I couldn't find it. The email also said that she would leave my work in her mailbox. I hoped that I could find the mailbox.

Wednesday: I couldn't sleep again I had a bad headache. I woke up early so I could be read because I was actually having a real final where I had to do work and take a test. I was looking for that paper I had that I had absent mindedly wrote the location of the new office on incase it wasn't in the mailbox had had been to yesterday. On the bus I saw that jewelry peddler lady. I was just happy that she didn't try to sell me jewelry again. I went back to that mailbox I had been to yesterday. Luckily my work was there. When I open the folder I see all these funny comments, well they are funny to me. She said that there was not a lot of material, but as you know I was really hurting for material as I stated in one of my previous blogs. She said I should put my poems into a story. What the hell!? She should know I'm better at prose. I told her that and more than once. I don't know why she just didn't tell us she wanted a back story to go with the photo poem? I mean I followed the instructions I was suppose to pick a picture and write a poem about it. She even said it didn't have to be a picture of yourself. I used that sneaky Cena pic I took and, the whole point of that poem was to capture the experience of meeting him. To me it didn't matter if the teacher didn't know who John Cena is anyway. She also told me my poems didn't show emotion. I'm not ready to show emotion. I even said that on here. People who let everybody see their true are brave like Gwen like when she wrote the songs for "Tragic Kingdom" and "Return of Saturn". The teacher also liked that I wrote a whole page tangent on how I hate my first name. But I do, its a horrible common, trendy, and long name a lot of people misspell. I also made a reference to Charmander, and I knew she wouldn't get it. But it's ok Charmander is an important part to the poem. I cant believe I got a "C+ " on it. Well at least it's not an "F". Before the test I studied a little. The thing that really pissed me off was that the teacher came late! WTF?! I need all the time I can get working on that stupid final! It was a pretty hard test. I felt like had forgotten everything. I didn't even finish it. When I sold the book back I got $22 for a $98 book that was used! I knew my dad would be mad and tell me about how back in '71 he could get 5 books for $80 and that he could get $20 back from selling a $30 book at buyback.

Thursday: Since it was my last day for my comm class I decided to represent one last time, and wear my Cena shirt. I wore my hair in odangos just to be silly. I think I'm going to adopt the odango into my hairstyles. I only brought 1 card to make notes on. I made it 30 minutes before class. I was keeping an eye out for moochers. A lot of people were making their note card right before class. She brought pizza like she said she would. I bet she got back some greasy tests. I only ate one slice and it had sausage on it. The test was ok it wasn't really hard or anything. Then she told us to write her comments about the class. I wasnt really thinking about writing one. But she would not really want to know how I felt about the class. If I really wouldve written something really exaggerated and over the top. I would've written:

"Dear (teacher)

Your class was great , but I only had one problem; the way you portray and stereotype wrestling fans like they are all uneducated.

Chain gang member for life, represent!

- Signed (me)"

The bus ride home was hellish. I hate riding the bus home with like 50 high schoolers. I'm not judging all high schoolers here, but the ones that get on the bus are horrible. They fight, hit, yell, scream, sing, and make obscene gestures. Well anyway when I was getting off the bus and this high school boy tells me something like "Is that Chain Gang boy, your boyfriend?". I just pretended I didn't hear him. It was just so funny!

Well the Marissa character is dead now on the OC. That show is definitely jumping the shark/dolphin. But I thought it would be jumping after they graduated high school. A lot of teen dramas do. Well at least they didn't kill off Seth. He's the best and my favorite character. And they are trying to replace the Marissa character with her younger sister Kaitlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment