Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Surgeon and the Rapper (partial week in review)

originally Posted on Apr 24, 2006 8:01 PM

Ok I know this ins't the whole week in review. I'm really busy I have to turn in my writing assigment of bad poetry this week and I'm still not done with it. The rest of the review will be up later in the week.
Monday: In my exercise class we were walking and I cheated. I was really lagging behind so I took a shortcut through the school. I made it look like I was still last even though I really walked less. Its ok to cheat when you don't get caught.
Tuesday: I was feeling sick in the morning and if it was any other day I would've just left. I'm consumed with apathy, but everybody else is too so you don't notice it. I'd love to see the "live report" from the journalism students LOL! I hate my writing class so much I think I hate this class the most maybe even more than math. It's just so slow, boring, stagnant, and monotonous. It's driving me nuts! Plus I don't feel inspired to write, well except for how much I hate it. Maybe I'll get lucky and the teachers thing won't work in my comm class and I'll get more time to get my presentation together. She wants us to read the stuff we wrote anything else too. She would really want to know what I wrote. I write inane things. (like in this blog) Then she was telling this story about being at a car wash and she heard some rap music and she got engrossed in it and locked her keys in the car. Then some guy helped her. Her "angel". She needed help with the computer again and she said she needed an angel. And I started thinking about that song. Then I thought "I'm no angel", which I'm not. Nobody likes to help her cause we don't like her. I was thinking about talking about how much I love the song "Just Another Day" for the lyrics assignment, but I got too embarrassed. I think people in the class might question how "legit" Cena is as a rapper. I worked on math for 2 hours because I had a test coming up. But I'm slow with math so I didn't get much done. I was practically falling asleep. That girl bugged me again, you know that one who asked for the index card. I still don't know her name. All I know is that shes in my class. She asked about the presentations. I told her what I thought I knew. If it didnt help oh well! She's pretty annoying, but I do act respectful to her. Well when I get to my comm class (see Breaking news!) When we are in the room and I'm just taking a look around. I see a guy in a Roddy Piper shirt. Then why do I get heat for wearing a Cena one? I'll tell you why, because its a Cena one and because his picture is on it. The teacher said she liked the reporters' project. I think she liked it because shes in broadcast journalism, and is biased towards them. The next project was a talk show about black racism in the media (now I don't want to make this into a political blog because I don't want mine to be and they never will.) The only real problem I had with it was they were dissing Scrubs, but they didn't even have their facts straight. At least have your facts straight. They were saying the Turk character was a nurse. Turk is not a nurse, his wife Carla is. He's a surgeon. This discussion went on into the class and they were still saying wrong things. They said he was a nurse and then became a surgeon. Which is also wrong. Turk went to medical school with JD and became a surgeon. But they are right the characters on that show are stereotypical. I thought it was funny that when I watched Scrubs they said about Turk being black.
Wednesday: I wrote "Breaking news!" before I went to bed and I was very tired so some of the details might not all be there. The math test was hard, I didn't realize how much I didnt know. Even one of the smart girls in my class said the test was hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment