Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wear your fandom on your sleeve, and let yourself glow with pink hair (partial week in review)

originally Posted on Apr 28, 2006 6:03 PM

Thursday: I thought since I might have to present I better work on the footage I was going to show for class. I was up until 1:30 AM editing it. I had to pack all my things incase I had to present. In my writing class we had to write haikus. I was inspired by my favorite South Park episode, "Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods". To write a haiku about Cartman. I Cartman. But nobody got my South Park reference. But a lot of people in the class are frustrated with poetry. We did a lyrics assigment and somebody read "Stairway to Heaven", I'm not really into old music. I guess when your dad loves it so much and it gets shoved down your throat you tend not to like it. So I had to present my lyrics. I presented "Under Construction" it was very hard for me to do. Not just because I had to speak in front of the class which terrifies me. I did feel a little more comfortable because I was talking about No Doubt. I had to explain about No Doubt to the teacher who had no idea who they were. I also had to explain about the whole "Return of Saturn" era with the pink hair and such. It was different present to this class because nobody knows me. Like the way people did in high school. I'm not really that open with my love for No Doubt like I was in high school. I had something to prove back then. Now "I got nothing to say, I got nothing to prove". And I ended up getting into all their different albums. Somebody else was talking about a Poe song and I couldnt believe nobody knew or remembered Poe. I guess I just really like those female singers. And it's so hard to even mention music from the last 10 years cause the teacher has no idea who we are talking about. She thinks I'm really into music, which I am, but I also love writing. Since the projector in my comm class was still broken we had to meet in the library. Some people in the class did a project about the influence of music videos. They were acting like people are sponges and that they do everything they see. And I admit I was influenced my music videos. Like when I had pink tipped hair and went to rave. And the time I was a member of the A-Team and I tried to foil Gary Coleman's plan. Or the time I went into a comic book. Ok , that never really happened , but it could have if I was really influenced by music videos. Then the teacher admitted to liking Kriss Kross and said that we were to young to remember them. Well maybe the people 19 and under would. But I admit I liked them too. Backwards clothes ruled back in '92. Well I was slated to be the last person to present. But we only had 15 minutes left, but due to my stupidity and charm. I got out of presenting until the next class. Which means I have the whole weekend to "budget" and get my act together.

Friday: I got my math test back with a bad grade on it. I was bored so I started to draw a goth version of Alice, from Alice in Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment